My Evernote Workshop at the Library

Over the past couple of years I have done a number of technology sessions at my local public library which have pretty well attended. This year I decided to do a presentation on Evernote, which I thought would be of interest to the community  I have been an Evernote user for over 5 years and use it more and more for my own personal and professional needs. During the presentation I demonstrated how to use the Evernote application on a computer, iPhone & iPad. Using my trusty Epson PowerLite 915W projector, I am able to connect my laptop via a standard USB cable to the projector and connect my iPad via the VGA cable. Using the Epson Remote that is included with the projector, I can quickly switch between the two devices which makes it really handy and easy to switch between the computer and the iPad when doing presentations. I should note that the USB connection sends both the video out and audio to the projector which makes it a really easy set up when doing presentations. During the presentation I used a presentation deck that I created with the Haiku Deck app on my iPad which I then imported into Keynote. Once the Haiku Deck presentation was in Keynote, I could now use the Keynote Remote app to move through my slides which works really well. I will do another post about this workflow in  the near future. I am really enjoying using Haiku Deck and the finished product looks like I hired a graphic designer to create-in fact I did it myself and you too can with Haiku Deck. Below is the Haiku Deck that I used for my presentation. Enjoy!

Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app for iPad

Comments