Livescribe Helper-to the Rescue

I use my Livescribe SKY WiFi pen almost everyday to make classroom observations, take notes, and when I am doing assistive technology evaluations. Having the Livescribe SKY WiFi pen sync all of my notes to Evernote has really changed my work flow and giving me the freedom to use my pen where ever I may be. Not having to manually sync my Livescribe SKY WiFi pen has been huge for me-eliminating a big step in the process that I had to do with the Livescribe Echo pen. Now I don't even have to think about it and when I am in a WiFi area the pen automatically connects and uploads all of my notes including the audio which is really fantastic. But there are those times when I am in places that while I have access to WiFi, requires web authentication which unfortunately the Livescribe SKY WiFi pen cannot negotiate. This is the case in my office on my college campus, where I teach. To solve this issue, I have been  using the Livescribe Helper application which I have installed on my desktop. With the Livescribe Helper application installed I can now plug in my Livescribe SKY WiFi pen and it will automatically sync my notes to my Evernote account. In addition to allowing you to sync your notes when you don't have a wireless connection, the Livescribe Helper will perform firmware updates to your pen which I have found go a lot quicker when plugged into your computer and using the Livescribe Helper. So if you have been trying to find a way to sync your Livescribe SKY WiFi pen when you don't have access to WiFi then do take a look at the Livescribe helper application- you will be glad you did.

Comments